By Shannon Morehouse, MA, CHHC
Stop by Natur-Tyme, tomorrow June 17th and you will find ALL of these ingredients. FarmShed CNY will be offering fresh, local, and organic rainbow chard, cucumbers, and strawberries and goat cheese from 7 Trees Goat Dairy Farm at the Farmers’ Market in our store from 3:00 PM-7:00 PM.
Stop over at our bulk station for walnuts, sea salt, and pepper. We carry the ever-so popular Bragg’s apple cider vinegar. Field Day extra-virgin olive is a great bargain. We also carry Olive on Brooklea olive oil, a local favorite!
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of strawberries halved
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/3 cup of raw walnuts, dry toasted
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese(optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of black pepper
Directions: Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Toss in all ingredients except walnuts and goat cheese. Top individual salads with desired amount of walnuts and goat cheese. A refreshing summer salad!