By Shannon Morehouse, MA, CHHC
Cucumber is one veggie that appeals to most people, even kids! And this low-calorie favorite is great for hydration as well. Stop by tomorrow to buy fresh, organic locally-grown cucumbers at our Farmshed Farmer’s Market, which takes place in our store’s Community Corner, every Wednesday from 3:00 PM-7:00 PM through October. And you’ll certainly want to try this recipe out!
Crazy for Cucumbers Salad
– 2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced
– 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
– 1 teaspoon of honey
– 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
– Mix cucumbers and onions together.
– Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl, whisking them well.
– Toss the cucumbers and onions into the dressing mixture; chill for at least a half hour and serve!