Did you know that fiber can help with weight management, heart health, and blood sugar control, in addition to promoting regularity? Fiber is an essential nutrient that is not digested in the small intestine and passes into the large intestine where it is partially or fully fermented. This process helps support digestive health, regularity, and provides many other health benefits throughout the body.
Fiber is available in two forms, soluble or insoluble, that are both beneficial to your health. Soluble fiber helps support the population of friendly bacteria in the colon, softens stool, helps promote cardiovascular health, and supports the production of protective short-chain fatty acids in the colon. Insoluble fiber helps absorb toxins and moves waste material more quickly through the colon, removes excess bile acids, increases the bulk of stool, and supports a normal, healthy intestinal tract lining.
Health authorities, including the Food & Drug Administration, recommend 25 to 40 grams daily of fiber to maintain good health. Most Americans only consume 10 to 15 grams of fiber each day, which is less than half of the recommended amount. For improved health, it is beneficial to eat a variety of high fiber foods and take a fiber supplement as needed. Daily fiber supplements from Yerba Prima are a simple, healthy way to help ensure you’re getting an adequate amount of dietary fiber.
Do you recognize the names of fiber pioneers, such as Graham and Kellogg, who educated the public about the benefits of fiber in the late 1800’s? Of course you do. In the United States, Yerba Prima pioneered the development of natural dietary fiber products based on scientific research on benefits of fiber. Yerba Prima was the first company to make natural fiber supplements with all five fiber types and with a balance of soluble and insoluble fiber.
The Many Benefits of Fiber
Everyone knows that fiber helps maintain regularity, but do you know what other benefits it has to offer. Here’s a glance at the many health advantages fiber provides.
- Aids in weight loss
- Promotes satiety when taken with a meal
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range to reduce hunger signals
- Recommended Product: Daily Fiber Formula– Orange Flavor (Sugar-Free)
Colon & Digestive Health:
- Increases good bacteria in the colon to improve digestion and elimination
- Promotes normal colon function for people with digestive upset
- Yerba Prima fiber products are Certified Gluten-Free
- Recommended Product: Colon Care Formula, Colon Care Caps
Heart & Cardiovascular Health:
- Supports heart health
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels within the normal range
- Recommended Product: Psyllium Husks Powder
Blood Sugar Control:
- Viscous fiber helps maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range
- Normalizes blood glucose concentrations, both after a meal and all day
- Recommended Product: Daily Fiber Formula
- Gentle long-term solution for constipation
- Reduces problems with diarrhea or loose stools
- Promotes proper tone of colon muscles to help people avoid stimulant laxatives
- Recommended Product: Psyllium Whole Husks, Psyllium Husks Caps
The take-home message here is that most Americans need to double or triple their fiber intake in order to meet the recommended amounts. Consuming an adequate amount of fiber can offer a multitude of health benefits, while keeping your body regular. This is why so many doctors and nutritional researchers alike recommend that people eat more high-fiber foods and utilize daily fiber supplements. Help your body function at its best and maintain your health with premium quality products from Yerba Prima!