Iron is a mineral that is vital to our health and according to the World Health Organization (WHO), it’s the most common nutrient deficiency in the world—affecting over two BILLION people! Iron is best known for its role in maintaining healthy blood. It forms the basis of the protein hemoglobin, which is found in the blood and is in charge of carrying oxygen from our lungs to all the other tissues of the body. That’s a big job! In fact, over 60% of the iron in our bodies is found in hemoglobin.
When there isn’t enough iron in the body, our ability to create normal red blood cells declines and our oxygen-carrying army of red blood cells doesn’t have enough soldiers to perform the mission optimally. This means less oxygen to the muscles, which can lead to fatigue, feelings of weakness, and a tendency to get colder faster. Yikes!
Blood Builder: Not “Just” an Iron Supplement.
MegaFood’s Blood Builder, by the most basic definition, is an iron-support supplement that naturally combats fatigue and helps improve energy levels.* Yet, Blood Builder is more than just an iron-support product. It was truly designed to build the blood and help maintain healthy red blood cells.* Just like all other nutrients, iron doesn’t work in a vacuum and it’s not the only nutrient to consider when we talk about the health of our blood.
Here are Some of Iron’s Helpers:
- Vitamin C helps aid the absorption of iron; making sure your iron supplement also contains vitamin C is important!*
- Folate is another partner-nutrient to consider. Folate is involved in the production of healthy red blood cells and low folate levels can lead to less-than-optimal red blood cell levels.
- The same can be said for vitamin B12 which is vital for the function of our red and white blood cells.*
You’ll find all of these in Blood Builder and that’s a lot of support packed into a little tablet!
Who Should be Taking Blood Builder?
Before you rush to Natur-Tyme to grab all the Blood Builder off the shelf, here are some parting thoughts to consider:
- Women in their reproductive years have greater iron needs than those that no longer experience a monthly cycle—if you’re menstruating, you’re more likely to need supplemental iron.
- Men should not supplement with iron unless directed to do so by their healthcare practitioner.
- Ask to have your iron levels checked at your next doctor check-in. Consider iron supplementation if your levels are less than optimal.
- Those following a vegetarian or vegan diet tend to get less dietary iron and may want to consider supplementation.
- Iron toxicity is a real thing, so when in doubt, talk to your doctor and have your levels checked!
Blood Builder has long been one of MegaFood’s most popular products, remaining largely unchanged since its first introduction in the 80s!
Not all Supplements are Created Equal.
If you’ve ever taken iron supplements before, you’re likely aware of the all-too-common and rather unpleasant side effects. Things like stomach upset and constipation can make it understandably hard to stick to iron-support. What makes Blood Builder unique is the formulation of the product:
Blood Builder delivers iron in nutritional yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae, if you want to get specific!). That means it’s delivered with essential amino acids, carbohydrates, and proteins that iron would naturally be found with in plants—it’s never alone! This makes it easier for the body to digest (no more upset!) and more-effectively utilized by the body.
If you’re in need of iron support, but have been burned in past attempts, try Blood Builder! Ultimately, you won’t have the negative side effects you would with other iron support supplements and you will feel the difference. If building your blood without missing a beat sounds up your alley, visit Natur-Tyme to find out what makes the iron in Blood Builder so special!